Saturday, February 21, 2009

February is almost over...

Wow, can you believe February only has a bit over a week left in it? It's been a crazy first part of the year, between work and Ruth going to Florida, car issues (I do NOT recommend renewing your car registration online on the last day of your grace period!), lodge trip, robotics tournament, three family birthdays, dance lessons, church, Homeschool Day at the Capitol registration kicking off, not to mention just good ole times hangin out.

The Lord's been working on me the last couple months...right around the end of the year, He really gave me the umph to go and seek accountability on sin that I just couldn't/wouldn't kill. It's been kinda tough, but, I hope for good fruit.

I've been convicted about not praying much. I mean, I pray for specific things throughout the day or as they come to mind or whatever, but, as for concentrated, serious time talking to my Father, well, there sure isn't much. Tied into that is not spending much time with the Lord, period. I do not have any sort of consistency on doing time in the Word and prayer at all. I want to, I want to study and learn, but, for some reason, I just don't. I guess it's like Paul says in Romans: I don't do what I want to do and what I don't want to do, I do! Hmmm, as he goes on to say so eloquently: What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!

That's my only hope folks - rescue by Jesus. His blood has covered me and I can rest knowing that, though there is war within me between flesh and spirit, I have a helper and eternal life is assured me at the end of the fight. Ah, Lord, that I will fight and be worthy of the crown in the end!

No comments: